Shift Pattern: 7:00 am – 16:00 pm, 9:00 am – 18:00 pm, 10:30 am – 19:30 pm on a rota basis.
Who we are
We are an energy trading company generating liquidity and value across global commodities markets. We combine deep trading expertise with proprietary technology and the power of data science to be the best-in-class. Our understanding of the dynamics and counterparty requirements in volatile, data-intensive markets, is a key part of our edge. We are extending our trading expertise into new geographies and connected commodities markets.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation that makes a difference to the world. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
What you’ll be doing
As a Trade Floor Support Analyst, you’ll be part of a growing team that provides support to the traders and business functions. You’ll have direct impact on our trading systems and ensure we resolve any issues quickly and efficiently. The successful candidate will serve as an essential liaison between developers, trading operations, product owners and traders.
Your time as a Trade Floor Support Analyst will be exciting but challenging, fast-paced and rewarding as you immerse yourself in the world of energy trading. You’ll gain extensive knowledge to support the trading business and work with cutting-edge technology and bring your ideas forward to improve our infrastructure.
- Provide 2nd line support for various in-house and third-party trading applications within defined SLAs.
- Arrange access to trading environments and ensure that pre and post trade data is processed efficiently.
- Prioritize issue resolution based on business risk and develop solutions appropriate to the urgency of the problem.
- Ensure users are provided with updates on calls at intervals appropriate to the severity of the problem and provide timescales where possible.
- Proactively look for new technologies to identify efficient solutions to improve stability and reliability of in-house trading applications and third-party services.
- Log all calls on the call logging system, documenting solutions and system processes.
- Monitor capacity and performance of all critical systems to ensure maximum availability.
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks as required.
- Collaborate with Product and Development Teams for improvement initiatives and application implementations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the business users and IT teams and facilitate communication and education between the two disciplines.
- Understanding of fundamental financial and trading concepts.
- Strong experience working in a trade floor support role, supporting Trading Applications e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, ICE, CME, TT, Trayport.
- Strong experience in managing production releases for a variety of software platforms and applications.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and connectivity (basic TCP/IP networking concepts)
- Understanding of basic trading concepts.
- Strong decision-making skills, able to demonstrate sound judgement under high pressure.
- Ability to be proactive in assessing situations and reacting accordingly.
- Willingness to research, experiment and learn when faced with unknown circumstances.
- Excellent methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Excel / VBA scripting experience.
- Experience supporting an Energy Trading business.
- Any experience with software development languages.
- Knowledge of trading operations.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- 38 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Learning & Development budget of £5000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo dinner account
- Office massage therapy
- Freshly served breakfast twice a week
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and a games room
“Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen Covey
We believe in a workplace where our people can fulfil their potential, whatever their background or whoever they are. We celebrate breadth of experience and see this as critical to problem solving, and to us thriving as a business. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.