Business Analyst - Energy Trading
Who we are
The transition to net zero is the existential task facing the world today. Dare is set up to solve one of the most critical challenges of the transition: the intermittency of renewables. We are an energy tech company built to make renewables viable at scale, through our unique mix of making energy smarter, energy investment and energy trading.
Using our world-leading technology, market knowledge and trading skill, our mission is to balance and digitise the world’s energy, so we can reach a greener future, faster.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation that makes a difference to the world. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a meticulous, resilient, and experienced Business Analyst with experience in Energy Trading to join our team of Product Managers and make their mark in fast-moving markets. You’ll have delivered successful projects with high-quality solutions to meet business needs.
As a Business Analyst, you will be making an impact from day one. You will be responsible for translating business opportunities into requirements and ensuring projects are delivered on time. In your role, you will:
- Capture detail within product requirement documents (PRD), business capability mapping, user stories and defined backlogs.
- Craft epics of user stories that capture the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ with context, data, behavior-driven development, and specification-by-example acceptance criteria.
- Manage an agile product backlog in JIRA that is detailed, estimated, emergent, and prioritised.
- Collaborate with colleagues in trading, analytics, risk, and operations to communicate observations, interpret problems and connect them to product opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders across the business including engineering, trading risk operations, compliance & legal.
- Liaise with external vendors.
- Conduct UAT, user demos, and training guides and capture feedback.
- Provide status updates regularly.
- Extensive experience working as a Business Analyst or Product Manager/Product Owner.
- Ample knowledge of energy trading.
- Demonstrable understanding of product discovery and delivery techniques.
- Extensive use of JIRA (ideally including administration) and use of Confluence.
- Proven ability to engage with users, designers, engineers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative way.
- Confidence in gathering feedback and presenting your ideas to engineers as well as gathering trader requirements.
- Ability to translate technical requirements that are easily understood by business customers and can set realistic expectations being the link between the company's business functions and the IT department to evaluate their needs.
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders, traders, and developers.
- Experience with vendor trading execution systems - Trading Technologies / ION (Fidessa) / Bloomberg / ETRM.
- Meticulous attention to detail, diligence, and conscientiousness.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to express complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- High levels of curiosity and the ability to think creatively to and deliver solve complex problems under pressure, within budget, and in time-sensitive situations and to high standards.
- Meticulous and resilient.
- Excellent problem-solving mindset.
- Hands-on approach.
- Knowledge of Oil Trading.
- Algorithmic Trading experience.
- Knowledge of MiFID II, ideally related to RTS 6 Algorithmic Trading performance.
- Technical/Software Engineering background.
- Experience with OTC products, Voice Trading, and Liquidity provisions.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- 38 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Hybrid working (3-4 days onsite)
- Learning & Development budget of £5000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo dinner account
- Office massage therapy
- Freshly served breakfast twice a week
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and a games room
“Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen Covey
We believe in a workplace where our people can fulfil their potential, whatever their background or whoever they are. We celebrate breadth of experience and see this as critical to problem solving, and to us thriving as a business. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.
- Tech - Product
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Our culture empowers exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
Our mission is to help the world reach a 100% renewable future, faster.
Business Analyst - Energy Trading
Loading application form
Already working at Dare?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.