Power Risk Analyst
Who we are
The transition to net zero is the existential task facing the world today. Dare is set up to solve one of the most critical challenges of the transition: the intermittency of renewables. We are an energy tech company built to make renewables viable at scale, through our unique mix of making energy smarter, energy investment and energy trading.
Using our world-leading technology, market knowledge and trading skill, our mission is to balance and digitise the world’s energy, so we can reach a greener future, faster.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation that makes a difference to the world. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
What you’ll be doing
As our Power Risk Analyst at Dare, you’ll be part of the Risk and Power Operations team and will be responsible for increasing the visibility and understanding of risks and prices relating to short-term physical power trading and physical power operations pricing and risk analysis.
Reporting directly to the Director of Risk and Power Operations, you will be working cross-functionally with traders, business development, and product teams. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the pricing of power and non-commodity elements is accurate and based on a complete understanding of non-commodity pricing structures and how they apply to physical power supply and offtake.
- Reporting development and maintaining a Tableau dashboard which gives visibility of live and historic risk levels for short-term power trading books in Europe and the US.
- Documenting and maintaining book structure and trader mandates clearly and concisely.
- Experience with power data manipulation at the settlement period level.
- Mid-level Python experience, or the ability to write from scratch in another coding language.
- Curiosity and determination to learn about new topics and deliver high-quality work in new areas of understanding.
- Clear and concise communication, especially through data presentation and documentation.
- Analytical mindset and ability to solve problems.
- Tableau or similar data visualisation experience.
- GB power pricing experience - Distribution Use of Systems (DUoS), Balancing Services Use of Systems (BSUoS) etc.
- GB short-term power trading awareness (EPEX, N2EX, Elexon settlement).
Benefits & perks
- Competitive salary
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- 38 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Learning & Development budget of £5000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo dinner account
- Office massage therapy
- Freshly served breakfast twice a week
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and a games room
“Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen Covey
We believe in a workplace where our people can fulfil their potential, whatever their background or whoever they are. We celebrate breadth of experience and see this as critical to problem solving, and to us thriving as a business. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.
- Power Operations
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Our culture empowers exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
Our mission is to help the world reach a 100% renewable future, faster.
Power Risk Analyst
Loading application form
Already working at Dare?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.