Germany - Remote
18 month contract
Who we are
The transition to net zero is the existential task facing the world today. Dare is set up to solve one of the most critical challenges of the transition: the intermittency of renewables. We are an energy tech company built to make renewables viable at scale, through our unique mix of making energy smarter, energy investment and energy trading.
Using our world-leading technology, market knowledge and trading skill, our mission is to balance and digitise the world’s energy, so we can reach a greener future, faster.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation that makes a difference to the world. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
What you’ll be doing
The team’s primary focus is to coordinate the ongoing management and procedural setup of our power-related operations. As a Power Operations Analyst, you’ll become an integral team member, developing in-depth knowledge of the technical mechanisms for communicating with German industry data and taking direct ownership of the metering processes. You will also:
- Scope requirements for dealing with industry data around meter readings and other industry communications to register and manage battery storage assets.
- Source price forecasts for industry costs and embedded benefits.
- Support identification and implementation of a meter management system.
- Ensure the market entry process is efficient, aligned to a process and delivered in a timely manner to market.
- Update process documentation.
- Liaise with Finance, Analytics and Tech departments when looking at prices, settlements, and reconciliations.
- Support with establishing Dare’s global battery storage operations.
Previous experience overseeing various projects and implementing the processes and procedures necessary for efficient operations, as well as:
- Experience in an operational role at a German power market supplier, generator, asset optimizer, aggregator, or trading company.
- Knowledge of the technical mechanisms used for communicating with German industry data.
- Understanding of meter registrations and other MPAN-related processes.
- Fluent in German & English, written and oral communication.
- Clear and open style of communication.
- Ability to use initiative to identify things that need to be done.
- Proactive, process-driven, and organised.
- Knowledge of network charges and other costs and revenues associated with battery storage assets.
- Experience in an operational role working with battery storage assets.
- Excel experience.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 30 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Learning & Development budget of Euros 5000
“Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen Covey
We believe in a workplace where our people can fulfil their potential, whatever their background or whoever they are. We celebrate breadth of experience and see this as critical to problem solving, and to us thriving as a business. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.