Who we are
The transition to net zero is the existential task facing the world today. Dare is set up to solve one of the most critical challenges of the transition: the intermittency of renewables. We are an energy tech company built to make renewables viable at scale, through our unique mix of making energy smarter, energy investment and energy trading.
Using our world-leading technology, market knowledge and trading skill, our mission is to balance and digitise the world’s energy, so we can reach a greener future, faster.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation that makes a difference to the world. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
What you’ll be doing
As a Project Manager, you will be reporting to the Director of Risk and Power Operations supporting the delivery of a high-value priority project and ensuring it is kept on track to meeting key milestones. We are looking for a meticulous, highly organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills who can take the initiative to support our expansion into new trading markets. Working with senior stakeholders, you’ll thrive in working in a fast-moving, dynamic scale-up culture, where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact from the get-go.
- Translate objectives into clear, actionable tasks for others to deliver.
- Maintain delivery momentum by setting and following up on actions.
- Understand and articulate project requirements.
- Support delivery to planned timelines.
- Effectively communicate tasks to project team members and report on project status updates to senior stakeholders.
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience in a project management or similar role.
- Ability to work with challenging stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely.
- Ability to grasp an understanding of the project quickly.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite.
- Strong organisational skills and diligence to deliver.
- Highly motivated to deliver consistently at a high standard with a proactive approach.
- Curiosity, persistence, and the ability to understand complex requirements.
- Commodity trading sector experience.
- Good knowledge of project management processes and tools and experience using Confluence, Jira, or Trello.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- 38 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Learning & Development budget of £5000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo dinner account
- Office massage therapy
- Freshly served breakfast twice a week
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and a games room
“Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen Covey
We believe in a workplace where our people can fulfil their potential, whatever their background or whoever they are. We celebrate breadth of experience and see this as critical to problem solving, and to us thriving as a business. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.