Who We are
We are Dare, an energy tech company using the power of data science, analytics, and trading expertise to help the world reach a renewable future, faster. Our mission is to support the global energy transition by driving investment into renewables.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
Our team has built one of the market’s leading energy trading risk management systems, with this cutting-edge technology being a large part of our rapid rise in the sector.
What you’ll be doing
The Development team works on delivering high-quality user interfaces across Dare using React on our front-end to drive our digital tooling scales in the number of users. Our platforms generate large quantities of data; some interfaces require users to make decisions and actions with incredible speed and precision. We’re seeking an exceptional Front-End Engineer, to make sense of this data and design interfaces for users to interact and explore. You’ll take ownership to design, build and maintain scalable, reliable, performant systems.
As our Senior Front-End Engineer, you’ll be responsible for taking the data generated by these assets and presenting it to end users in a way that gives visibility of performance and operations. You’ll have plenty of scope to influence a product that is in its formative stages and work with us to become a market leader in the asset optimisation space.
Designing, developing and delivering new front-end features for our Tradr, or Asset Control platform.
Designing, building and maintaining existing and reliable systems and working cross-functionally with traders, project managers and other engineers.
- Strong React and Typescript experience.
- Agile development mindset; being excited by change and a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of Design/UX.
- A team player who is impact-driven with a can-do attitude; you love solving problems and thrive on constant challenges.
- You care about software quality and improving systems and processes.
- You want to work as part of a team, actively pairing with others and spotting opportunities to improve the delivery process.
- You’ll prioritise your work towards delivering end-user value over writing perfect code.
- You listen to the priorities and concerns of others and communicate effectively.
- A problem solver and a logical thinker.
- You have an eye for design and detail.
- You’re an excellent communicator who can translate complex concepts to simply and bring new ideas and you'll be enthusiastic about technology.
- You’re proactive in TDD or would like to learn.
- Experience in Test Automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in AG Grid (or other JS data visualisation solutions).
- Back-End experience (ideally in Python).
- DevOps (AWS or K8’s) experience.
- Energy/asset control experience.
- Experience within a trading company.
Beneﬁts & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- 38 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Learning & Development budget of £5000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo dinner account
- Office massage therapy
- Freshly served breakfast twice a week
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and a games room
We want to build an inclusive team, so we hire candidates from all backgrounds. This breadth of experience means we thrive at solving problems. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.