Who we are
We’re Dare, an energy tech company using the power of data science, analytics, and trading expertise to help the world reach a renewable future, faster. Our mission is to support the global energy transition by driving investment into renewables.
At Dare you’ll join a team of ambitious people who challenge themselves to drive innovation and fulfil their potential. Our values of excellence, idea meritocracy and curiosity drive us to help solve one of the biggest challenges of the next century: renewable energy storage and asset optimisation.
What you’ll be doing
As Office & HR Assistant, you’ll be an exceptionally organised individual supporting our onsite People team. You will support with (but not be limited to) office administration, event management and HR tasks.
It’s an exceptionally busy time to join Dare, so this is an exciting opportunity to channel all your experience and learn some new things along the way.
You’ll have a strong eye for detail and love to multitask in an environment where no two days are the same. This role requires creativity, communication skills, and the ability to juggle several high-priority requests.
- Support the People team in office and HR-related tasks and improving the office environment.
- Manage visitors, calls, guests, vendors, contactors and support office moves.
- Collect post for sorting and arrange couriers.
- Manage ordering of office supplies, equipment, and pantry replenishment.
- Track orders and manage catering and merchandise partners.
- Keep on top of day-to-day office upkeep and maintenance.
- Support planning of social events, monthly company initiatives and external meetings.
- Support induction week for new starters.
- General HR admin support – onboarding, reference checks, queries.
- Previous experience managing visitors and guests.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to change quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with others.
- Ability to handle confidential issues with the utmost sensitivity and discretion.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and know when to escalate.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential issues with utmost sensitivity.
- Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- HR Admin experience
- Previously worked in a fast-paced start-up/scale-up environment.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- Learning and development budget of £5,000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo business account
- Office massages
- Breakfasts freshly made by a private chef on Monday & Friday
- Stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and games room
We want to build an inclusive team, so we hire candidates across all backgrounds. This breadth of experience means we thrive at solving problems. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.