Graduate Trading Analyst - Energy Trading
Salary: Competitive (plus performance-based bonus)
Location: City of London
Permanent, Full time
Who we are
We are Dare, an energy tech company using the power of data science, analytics, and trading expertise to help the world reach a renewable future faster. Our mission is to support the global energy transition by driving investment into renewables.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious people who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.
The Graduate Trading Analyst programme is designed to equip you with extensive knowledge of the OTC oil derivatives market. Our in-depth training program has been developed by experts from across the business and provides you with all the tools needed for your career. To support your learning and career development at Dare, we’ll provide you with a personalised performance plan that will help you succeed as a trader.
The first year as a Dare Graduate Trading Analyst will be exciting but challenging, fast-paced and rewarding as you immerse yourself in the world of energy trading. Working alongside market leaders in an environment that pushes you to excel, this programme is for those who want to accelerate their careers.
As a Graduate Trading Analyst your key responsibilities on the trading desk will include:
- Assisting senior traders with desk administrative duties - uploading, recording, and executing trades
- Attending and contributing to team meetings to develop your knowledge of the marketplace relevant to your specific desk
- Development of modelling tools for markets analysis
- Aid trading activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis
- A confident and succinct communicator, particularly when conveying ideas/complex concepts
- Ability to work under extremely high pressure
- A demonstrable interest in trading
- Commitment to working long hours
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all areas
- Ability to work autonomously and use own initiative
- Ability to grasp unfamiliar operating processes from beginning to end
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- A Bachelor's degree or above
- Excel VBA skills would be beneficial
- Relevant internship experience in a similar trading environment
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- Hybrid working
- Learning and development budget of £5000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo business account
- Office massages
- Breakfasts freshly made by a Private Chef on Monday & Friday
- Stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and games room
We want to build an inclusive team, so we hire candidates across all backgrounds. This breadth of experience means we thrive at solving problems. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.